Sunday 25 November 2012

Permata Bank

After the debacle I had with BCA and the problems banking with them, I moved all including my salary to Permata Bank and have been happy with them for a few years now.
I have managed without the wife to set up Internet banking, and mobile banking. I can pay all my bills, credit cards etc from home and transfers to here and there have never been easier.

So when a Bank Mandiri ATM swallowed my Permata ATM card, you could imagine how annoyed I was. Well actually, no I was not. I calmly went to Starbucks, grabbed a coffee and then went online and moved all my money to BCA so that I still had access to it. My plan was then to go the bank branch the next day and get a new one.

Things went slightly wrong from there. I had my card swallowed on a national holiday which fell on a Thursday and so the Friday was a holiday for the banks so my bank was also shut.

I did phone the customer service line to tell them my card had gone but they wanted me to input my 16 digit card number, which was pretty useless as I did not know it. So I hung up.

I got through the weekend no worries and could not get to the bank on the Monday due to work so I ventured in on the Tuesday.
After about 10 minutes with the customer service man, I got a new card, signed loads of forms and got a voucher for half price doughnuts in JCO, how good is that?  Easy.

So going on line to check my accounts, I could log on but I had no visible account balances showing and that was the same for my mobile banking.

Frustrated with this, I returned to the bank to be met by an over enthusiastic customer service man who kept asking for my passport because he had missed that bit in his paperwork and so, I guess was in trouble. I explained that sure no problems but why could I not use my online banking or mobile banking. He happily told me (since I asked) that because I had a new card which was issued because of the last one being 'lost' the passwords etc were frozen for my mobile and online services. Not wanting to sound too pissed off that he never told me that the first time we met, I told him, that I had no desire to speak to a some one on the phone to get my accounts reactivated as it took me 2 hours the last time and it was just the worst experience. I then told him, if he sorted it out there and then I would bring my passport the following day so he could copy the pages he needed.

He agreed and within 20 minutes all was back in order and after the usual 2 hour system date waiting time I was back on line.

He was a happy chap as the next day, he got the pages from the passport that he needed.

So all in all well done to Permata, they are pretty good really and all the above was done in English. I have also almost forgiven them for the lies they told me about a bank loan where the branch said yes no problem and the call center said no and it will always be no as you are a western foreigner type.

The only downside with Permata I guess is that they dont have the network of ATMS like Mandiri or BCA and alot of the machines they have dispense 100,000 notes. Which is very unhelpful. Other than that I think that they are the best bank for simple banking in Indonesia. But thats just me.

http://www.permatabank.com/

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/smiley_faces-wallpapers.html


4 comments:

Ria Tumimomor said...

perhaps because they don't have too many ATMs ? Having too many branches and products, often makes the service degrading.

colson said...

Banks and bankers - just mentioning the words can get me going.

Banks are a pain in the ass. I guess you are relatively blessed having a small bank as Permata Bank.

No such choice here - just a bunch of semi-criminal bankers getting incredibly rich by their lousy running of their huge bureaucracies, at the cost of tax-payers and providing just trouble in stead of service to their ordinary customers.

Jolly Princess said...

I know how frustrating this could be. I had some issues before and my bank took about three days before my money was credited back to my account. :)

Unknown said...

Hi JP

Yep it is frustrating but also very easy to fix for a change, which was nice. Despite my moaning Permata is actually very good and helpful and simple, which makes a change