Wednesday 22 August 2012

Food Stalls

Whilst out and about I came across a wide range of food stalls and so I thought I would share pictures with you. This post may be updated on a frequent basis.


Soto Ayam or spicy yellow chicken soup which is really very tasty.


Baso Sapi or Beef Meatballs, basically grey balls of no name meat with noodles.


Soups, Meatballs, Rice and things. Cart complete with Awning and chairs


Just drinks, cigarettes and mobile phone vouchers


Coconuts, Ice and not much else. Very nice, very sweet and very filling


Fried stuff, don't know what, Very popular and quite nice


Traditional Icecream and lollies


Empties and more stocks


More returns and stock for later

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Luke,
Nice photos.
I wonder whether you have tried any of the food sold in one of the food stalls.

Unknown said...

Hi Harry, I think we both know the answer to that. I am not a street food fan and so seldom eat from there. However the stalls are great to look at and watch the men cook. Buying water is pretty much it for me

KL-24 said...

Hi Luke,
I guess those fried stuff are "tahu isi" (fried tofu with rice noodle inside), "bakwan" (wheat flour mixed with carrots, cabbage, sprouts), "cireng" (corn flour).
Deliciously oily and salty.

KL-24 said...

Sorry.... I mean "cireng" from tapioca flour.