Monday, 6 June 2016

Artotel Jakarta

I do like my random nights in hotels across the city or Indonesia (If I get the chance) but the nights out in a hotel in Jakarta make it a short trip away from reality for me and the family and it keeps Jeremy busy and engaged. This weekend was one of those trips away with a nights stay at the Artotel in Thamrin. The hotel is sort of purple and 'arty' from outside and is behind the KFC and McD at Thamrin Sarinah,  or it is next to St. Theresia church.


Its not cheap and booking through Agoda only gets you the smallest room option but it was still a good deal (over 60% off the Hotel website price) and so we opted to stay.

Inside the hotel is a lot of art. It is themed around the idea that local artists display their wares I guess inside the hotel and to be honest some of this looked better than the usual patterned wallpaper and gold leaf mirrors and lamps and thick carpets.  It being a small building we were on the second floor. There are only 7 floors, the highest being an bar area which sadly due to having a 3 year old we never got to see, maybe next time.

Lobby area

Our room was small but OK. There was a view of pretty much nothing and very limited storage space and no fridge. Instead of a kettle there was a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine which after some training could provide us with hot water as well as coffee. That said, the room was quiet and with a good bathroom.

By the bed

In the Wardrobe
on the door

random in the room

near an elevator

The walls were covered in arty drawings as were the ones in the halls and were interesting to look at. The service was good and quick and the room service food was nice. Interestingly when we checked in at 4.30 we still had to wait for a room even though we were expected. Jeremy was presented with an Artotel Rhino soft toy which was great.

Dinner was provided in the mall and Jeremy does seem to like eating anything we give him, which is good. The evenings fun was TV and beer with Jeremy watching You Tube and then sleeping around 8.30pm.

Breakfast was free but with a very excited 3 year old, it was short. The coffee took forever to come and the food was limited probably due to the amount of guests but I ate as much as I could.

As it was a Sunday the area of the city we were in was full on car free day so in the morning we took some time to join the masses and wander about for a bit but there were still too many people so we went back to the hotel and sat about.

So that was the hotel. The rest of the day involved shopping in Lotte with 4,000 others (like Christmas food shopping) with everyone over buying everything and then once home, we had the AC serviced and fixed to hopefully stop the constant drip and the bad water smell. That seemed to work but then the remote would not work so we slept in 20 degree chill with the fan full on last night. This morning the AC guy returned and fixed that.

Another chilled out'ish weekend and things repaired at the house and now to enjoy the fasting month.

Ramadan Murabak 
Post a Comment