Sunday, 28 July 2013


Been a busy couple of weeks all in all what with one thing and another. The month of July is now drawing to a close and the rainy season I hope is now drawing to a close as well,  although going by the rain on Saturday there are still some storms to come. 
Work has been its normal frantic self and with the departure of 3 teachers in the spate of a week, thats left the teachers room a little forlorn and desolate, add holidays and spartan schedules then the place has turned into a very quiet place. If it was not for the racket the kids make when they are there then it would be the most peaceful place in Jakarta!
EF has also introduced to the world Magenta coloured cars. There is nothing to say about that apart from, yep thats a bright colour and feels really good when people watch who gets out from one of them.

it's not pink it's magenta
Outside of work, everything else has been again go go go. Jeremy has been to the Doctors twice in a month for inoculations and the last one was the BCG one. He took the pain fairly well and seems to be OK with needles. This is good because in another 2 weeks he will be back for more. Lets not discuss the cost but knowing that this stuff which is being pumped into him will help fight and stop disease. So I am not concerned at all.

Last week saw my first wedding anniversary. Its already been a year since I got married to Yovita. Time has flown by. The storks have been and everything seems to have been a blur since. We spent the night celebrating it (with Jeremy of course) in the Mulia Hotel. It's always nice to stay in 5 star luxury and that is exactly what we did. Huge room, bed for 5 and a bath tub you have to spend as long as possible in and with no worries about running out of hot water, that was exactly what I did. The hotel itself is looking a little weary but it is still an awesome place to stay so I won't complain. 
The bed in the hotel. Jeremy is on there to help with understanding how big it is

panoramic view from one of the windows of Jakarta
Jeremy also reached 3 months old and he has grown and has changed so much. He is smiling and chatting through noises now and is visually alert as well as auditorily. His ability to grip has come on huge and whilst he has not started grabbing yet, its only a matter of time before he does. 

I took a trip to the driving license center on Dann Mogot on Saturday morning for the annual renewal of my bike licence. Happily for the price and use of an agent, I was there for no more than 40 minutes and left with new SIM C and another year of hassle free discussion if stopped by the police. I can't say it is a great place to visit but the centre seems more organised and quick than before so that was good. 
like mine but mine has a picture of me
So only a week to go now and then I am on holiday for a week. Probably a week of Jeremy watching although I suspect I will be allowed out in the week to go play on the buses and go and have a wander around the city. With up to 10 million people expected to leave the city in just over a week, Jakarta is going to be great.

No comments: