Thursday 10 January 2013

2013

Well 2013 is now in full swing and everything returns to the status quo it was before Christmas and the New Year Period. For me, that meant sobering up from a most fantastic New Year out in West Jakarta, stood in the rain, wearing 3 sizes too small flip flops, drunk, listening to bizarre Dangdut and watching the local police and security guards dance while the women look on probably bored but somewhat amused.
The city shut down its major road and 200,000 people trampled all the plants and left lots of litter and had a thoroughly good time seeing 2013 in.

Jakarta celebrating 2013

My head hurt thats for sure. Burger King saved the day....

A day later and its back to work and off we go again. 8 days in and sadly the celebrations and holidays are fading fast and all is left is the Christmas chocolate and some beers in the fridge and they are going fast.

The plans for the year so far look like this:

January I am off to Carita with my colleagues and also Bogor for a conference. I should also be in Singapore for a day all being well. I also move house
March, we are off to Bali if the doctor says yes.
May I will be a Father and the nappy days begin....

Actually I have done nothing since New Years day apart from working and it all gets a bit busier for me outside after this weekend. I am looking forward to that.








7 comments:

colson said...

Aha, so it was great and obviously your party days are not quite over yet (Carita, Bogor). But the real news is they probably will be. Congratulations (including congratulations to your wife's birthday) :). It will be a cute, sweet baby and extremely time-consuming (I said gloating).

Jolly Princess said...

BUSY is always part of our vocabulary, I guess. I am glad I have my red coach at home to lie down and watch tv after a night of battling with irate customers. :)

Unknown said...

Hi colson, Always room to party no matter what. Wetting the babies head will a great night, I am looking forward to that one....

Unknown said...

Hi JP

Yep busy in all things but as long as there is time for yourself its all ok. TV time is a great time to relax and forget.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the change of year from 2012 to 2013, Luke.
I wish you and your family all the best. I hope that you would be more successful.

areximut said...

hi Mr. LR
how long you have been jakarta, could share some bahasa Indonesia :-D he he

dwi said...

nice artikel :)