Wednesday 23 April 2014

Yamaha Jupiter MX new

Suddenly and out of the blue I am between bikes. After a long conversation with Yovita about the house and rent and things I mentioned I would like a new bike to which she agreed would be a good idea.
We toyed with the idea and financing a new Yamaha Vixion or Bison and with days from sealing the deal I had a change of heart.
Stuck in traffic as I often am I started thinking how I would cope with a bigger faster and heavier bike than what I have now and so decided no I did not want a more powerful and bigger one. Also I considered using it for  short journeys and that sort of bike would not be practical.

So back to the drawing board and then Yovita's brother came to the house with a price list of Yamaha bikes and after a good look through I settled for another but shiny new Jupiter MX, this time a clutch bike.
The bigger plan was to sell mine direct to the dealer and then finance 2 bikes. The MX and a moped like a Mio so that we had one bike for work and the other for poodling and running around on. However what with one thing and another 2 became 1 and by the day before Good Friday we had agreed to sell my bike for 6 million and get the MX.

Good bye old MX
Good Friday morning my brother in law came to the house and took my bike to someone and came  back with money and more than 6 million so we were all happy. Then we went to the dealer and signed on the dotted line for the new bike and went home.
Because I just sold my bike I rented my brother in laws second bike a Mio J Teen until the plates for the MX are ready.

My Rented Mio 
So now I am riding about town on a 113cc moped which whilst nippy is not exactly what I saw myself riding but it is ok for a short time.
Friday afternoon the credit man came to the house and Yovita signed a finance agreement.  I can own a bike here in my name but its complicated so it will be in my wife's name. I just pay for it. The bike is 17 million and the monthly cost is less than a million so that's good. The first payment is in May and hopefully I will be riding it before then, should  the registration plates arrive in time.
I collected the bike Saturday and had to ride it home. With every new bike you get a helmet and a jacket.  Neither suits me. The helmet is too small as is the jacket. The jacket is tacky and bright blue. So we will give it to someone who will use it.

From this

To this
Luckily for me I have used a clutch bike before but it did not stop me from stalling it 3 times in the 800 meters to my house. Sunday I took it to the Shell station for fuel stalling it once. In time I hope not stall it at all.
Over the weekend I will take it out and about soon but away from the main roads but locally to get used to the gears.

Shiny New
My new MX is red and black and has disc brakes front and back and a bigger back wheel than the front.  It is a 135cc again but has a bigger fuel tank and the lights are automatically switched on which is nice. Other than that it looks and feels the same as my old MX which means I am more relaxed riding it.
When I have the plates I wilk write more but for now I will just 'put put put' about on the Mio.

No comments: