Monday 28 November 2011

Hotel Accommodation Bali New Years Eve


Trying to find accommodation in Kuta, Bali 5 weeks before New Years Eve was a bit of a mission over the weekend even though I was staying on the island. I will be back next month for 2 nights over New Years eve and I wanted to be in Kuta where the most fun can be had and it's the most lively spot. However, after checking over 30 hotels, guest houses, travel lodges, losemen, villas, backpackers both on line and walking into different places I was met with full over the seasonal period or you need to book online or we only have rooms if you are staying 3 or more nights.

It seems that all of Bali's hotels have already been booked up from the 23rd December to the 2nd January.

 The days of walking into a hotel in Bali over Christmas seem to be disappearing. 60,000 rooms apparently have been built around Bali in various forms of lodgings so believing everything was full took some time. Asian Rooms, Wotif and Agoda all had hotels available but I don't want to pay 4 million a night upwards and even a local Bali hotel search site had a warning to book different times than the dates I wanted.

Now this is not to say that all hotels will be full if you just arrive but the price will hurt I think and if you are planning to just turn up, be prepared to do some leg work and spend some time finding a room. Poppies 1 is almost full, therefore I will make the assumption Poppies 2, Legion and then into Seminyak is also filling up fast.

Still I eventually found rooms and have some great rooms for a higher than normal price but they will do and they look wonderful. You will know more in January. But for now....


is not the nicest message you want to hear when planning New Year in Paradise. 

3 comments:

Tempo Dulu said...

Bali's getting a bit too full these days - why not try a quieter place?

Unknown said...

Hi Tempo, Yes it is getting fuller and fuller, but I have never been to Bali for NYE and so should experience it just the once. Quieter places, yes I think so, it is time to start travelling elsewhere. Lets see what happens next year (although I am getting married in paradise!!!)

Mark and Jeannette said...

Looking forward to NYE in Bali and drinks with you.