Sunday 23 May 2010

Cost of Living in Jakarta

This post was created in May 2010 and I have updated the list which can be found in this post

http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2012/01/cost-of-living-jakarta-2012.html  or  here

Hopefully this table helps with understanding the cost of living in the city.

Its a  rough table and price guide but I think a fair reflection. The prices are average prices excepting flights which are lowest that I have found if you shop about. With average I mean the prices I have paid and the experience of buying things here.
If I am way out then please let me know and I will correct.

When I did this table £1 rupiah bought you 13,400 rupiah and $1 dollar bought you 9200 rupiah. The coversion the other way is very little.

There are some areas missing but that is deliberate as frankly I dont really do clothes shopping as I brought plenty with me and find my sizes here hard to find. I will in time do a review and update the table.


4 comments:

Devina said...

Very useful info Luke! ^_^. Thanks for taking time to list down and convert.

tikno said...

Pretty complete for a reference.

Ria Tumimomor said...

interesting calculation and information :)

Great wall said...

According to the report of your blog I think Jakarta is not so much expensive.